Free Game Plan and Small Business Marketing Tips & Local Business Marketing Advice at http://onepercent.marketing – Subscribe and follow our channel! President Brian Tucker highlights challenges many local small and mid-size business owners face with marketing their business online. He offers insightful ways to help businesses get online and the get the phone ringing fast.
One Percent Marketing is a next-generation marketing and sales improvement firm. Brian can be contacted through the website for questions, speaking engagements and help with marketing your business and improving your end-to-end sales capabilities.
++++++ The following is a partial transcript +++++++
Full transcript here: https://1percentmarketingwebdesign.co…
So that’s some of the things that I’m going to talk to you about today, that’s going to be local marketing in an online world. Let’s face it, more and more everything is starting to move online and for a lot of smaller business owners, local business owners, especially those in smaller communities – it’s difficult to grasp working and getting your business online because you’re so used to doing things traditionally in smaller towns, and all of that is changing. We’re going to go through a little bit of that, today what I’m going to talk about is how and why marketing is changing for local businesses. What I mean by local businesses is business owners just like you, this is happening everywhere across the world and it’s a big problem. A lot of these are big problems that business owners are struggling with, that they’re facing right now and they’re not really sure what to do, they don’t have the capability, they’re not sure where to go. I’m going to talk a little bit about where marketing for local businesses is heading, five years, ten years in the future. How you can potentially start future proofing your local business right now, and I’m going to give you a six step plan quickly of things that you can do over the weekend, and by Monday have some of these things done and up and running for your business that will absolutely help you right out of the gate.
First thing I just want to set the stage with is one of the things that I run in to a lot with business owners, they don’t really understand what marketing is, they’re used to hearing the word advertising and traditionally in smaller local businesses, mid-sized businesses, there’s this mindset about advertising. An ad salesman comes to you and sell you some advertising, you buy the advertising, you put a newspaper ad and you go a radio ad, you do a television ad and you hope the phone calls and that you convert it in to a sale. Advertising as you’ll see on the right is just one small subset of marketing. Marketing is a full process and a full strategy that businesses use to grow what their business is long term. To kind of put it into perspective, advertising if you look at this wheel right here, it starts at the top with marketing and works its way around. Advertising is really in this step right here, what happens is a lot of smaller businesses start here and don’t really have a strategy, they haven’t put a tactical plan together, they really don’t have a marketing plan and they just kind of take chances and say “Well I’ll try this, maybe that will work. Maybe I’ll try this type of advertising and that will work”. I had a client that called me yesterday and he said “Brian, I’ve tried everything. Radio, TV, newspaper, billboards – I can’t get anything to work. I’m really not sure what I’m doing.”. He’s just trying everything that he possibly can. Well, this is a type of person that doesn’t know there’s actually a strategy and there’s actually a system behind that, that you can put together long term that will help you strategically grow your business with time tips, tricks and advice on how to grow your business.
With that in mind I want to put things in to perspective, so when I talk about how things are changing for businesses, how things are moving. Some of you may be old enough to remember when the telephone was fairly new, some of you may remember it as a kid.
To put it in perspective, it took 75 years for the telephone to reach 50 million people. You look at the radio, you look at television, it came along, technology progressed much faster.
We serve businesses in Springfield, Peoria, Champaign, Bloomington, Decatur, Moline, Belleville, Plainfield, Urbana, Quincy, Rock Island, Charleston, Effingham, Taylorville, Olney, Paris, , Mahomet, Savoy, Robinson, Mount Zion, Tuscola and Beecher, Sullivan, mattoon, bloomington, normal
14 marketing strategies for small business 2016 – http://selfmadesuccess.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/MrJustinBryant
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/justinbryantbusiness
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+JustinBryantentrepreneur
In this video, I will talk about 14 marketing strategies you should use for your small business, whether it is internet based or a traditional brick-and-mortar. These tactics will help you get more traffic online, get more visitors to the store, and increase sales overall. I’ll mention strategies like blogging, setting up local business pages with major search engines, advertising on Facebook or Bing, and much more. Enjoy the video!
Get access to all the resources mentioned in this video and the 6th method here: http://www.soldwithvideo.com/articles/ranking-1-in-google-isnt-important-and-this-is-how-you-can-dominate-your-online-marketing-for-any-local-business – You can dominate the entire first page of Google for your small or local business WITHOUT being ranked #1 for your keywords. Online marketing for small and local businesses is a combination of multiple marketing tips and techniques. By altering your marketing strategies and forgetting about being ranked #1 you can actually get more local business than you thought possible.
When you are advertising your business you need to focus and a variety of techniques and strategies. When you combine several online marketing plans you can achieve great results. That is why we put this video together, we want to help all small business and local business owners increase business through online marketing techniques.
If anyone has seen any results from using these tips we would love to hear about it. All feedback and questions are welcome. Just leave us a comment under this video and we would love to hear from you.
Local Business Marketing
More local business marketing resources below:
When you own a brick and mortar shop, it’s tough to come up with local business marketing strategies that will truly leave a lasting impact on your small business.
Direct mail and signage can only go so far. The world has moved to online marketing and as a small local business, you need to move with the trends or get left behind.
This video goes in-depth into 4 small business marketing strategies that you can use to grow your business. Whether you’re a new shop or one that is considered a historical landmark, you need to stand out from the crowd by making yourself visible online where your customers are.
A few of the strategies discussed in this video include building social proof, local SEO, and Facebook advertising.
You’ll learn how local business marketing is actually much easier than marketing to a global audience due to weak competition.
Put these tactics into action and you might just become the next big thing in town.
★ ★ Additional Resources ★ ★
The Definitive Guide to Creating the Perfect Local Lead Generation Campaign – http://www.moneyjournal.com/local-lead-generation/
The Ultimate Local SEO Checklist to Dominate The First Page of Google – http://www.moneyjournal.com/local-seo-checklist/
★ ★ Stay Connected ★ ★
Show Notes, Resources and Newsletter ➜ http://www.moneyjournal.com/episode28
How to Do SEO step-by-step ➜
Subscribe For More Marketing Videos ➜ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO615lzGQP_9lVXc7lBs1pA?sub_confirmation=1
Twitter ➜ https://twitter.com/Money_Journal
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/MoneyJournal/
C’mon over to http://marieforleo.com/2012/02/local-business-marketing where the main discussion happens after the episode!
How to get customers for your local business is always a hot topic. In this video you’ll learn 5 specific marketing tactics you can use immediately to get customers in the door of your local business.
While we focus on a cupcake business, no matter what you sell, you’ll get ideas you can use now!
#1 – The importance of staying in touch with prospects and customers and why having a business email list is the cheapest and easiest way to do it.
#2 – Why finding local partners to connect to and form with relationships with can sky rocket your reach.
#3 – A specific strategy you can use with social media to attract local customers.
#4 – How to highlight customer testimonials to show social proof.
#5 – Why you need to show people the key ways you are different to stand out in the crowd.
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our channel and sign up for your free weekly business and life advice at http://www.marieforleo.com
And if you’re interested in more videos on how to get customers, check out our YouTube playlist on that exact topic here:
Thanks for watching!
Our channel: http://www.youtube.com/marieforleo
It’s a big wide world, and breaking your business out can be extremely difficult, especially when it comes to competing with much larger, more dominating businesses. When you’re a small business, it can be difficult to figure out exactly what kind of audience you want to market your product towards, this can cause a lot of issues and often than not, it leads to business failure if not figured out and dealt with in a timely manner. When your business is on a small budget, having large marketing campaigns is almost completely out of the question, so finding a way to market and improvise is a must. With these tips, you can market toward your target audience with a tiny budget, ensuring that you are still getting your business out there with minimal cost.
1. Start local – Of course the end goal is to be a worldwide phenomenon, but we all know that everyone starts from somewhere, and starting locally is the best way. It costs absolutely nothing to make conversation, which is the perfect way to market your item, even if the person you’re talking to doesn’t strike you as your targeted audience, the odds are that they will know someone who fits that demographic. Speak to your friends, family, shop owners, and (if your item is targeted toward them) even your local authority figures. You never know who knows who, and this is a surefire way to start somewhere.
2. Use social media – This one is easy to figure out. With social media on the increase as it has been the last decade or more, there has never been a better time to use it to your advantage and develop a business strategy revolving around it. There are a multitude of social media groups that are purely dedicated toward marketing businesses toward one another. In turn, this may lead to other, bigger businesses catching an eye of your tactics, leading to possible partnerships and boosting your businesses reach.
3. Collaborate – A more technical way of boosting reach is to collaborate with other small businesses in your area. If you are marketing toward a specific audience, chances are there are other companies doing the exact same thing. This can help or hinder your business, and when you’re just starting out, it does not help to make enemies. Approach another business and ask for a partnership, as it can lead to bigger business ventures further down the road, and give you the opportunity to break off when your business is big enough.
4. Create a good pitch – When it comes to selling an item or a product, communication is arguably the most important aspect of selling. This is why it is essential to create a sales pitch that can blow away both your investors and your competition. Make sure to explain exactly what it is that your item does, who it is aimed toward, and sometimes it even pays to point out flaws in the item and what you can do to fix them. There a number of ways in which you can develop a pitch, and as with all things unique, it is up to you to craft it with flare.
5. Don’t let negativity damage you – You can not expect to be a massive business overnight, that is a given. The road to success will be a difficult one, and you will most likely be knocked back time and time again. But not everything is perfect on the first try, and with time you will develop the perfect item and pitch. Not everyone will be interested in what you have to offer, and that is okay because everyone is different. Eventually your business will be put on the map, and if at first you don’t succeed, try try again.
If you can’t measure the extent of something, you most likely won’t be able to improve it. When it comes to search engine optimization, measuring your traffic and reach is critical to succeeding in your venture. Google Analytics is one of the best tools you can utilise and keeps track of many things for you and even supplies live reports and traffic intake whenever you need. You simply cannot be successful without measuring your market data, as you risk only guessing the habits of your audience, and not knowing exactly what they’re looking for. In this article, we will be going through a number of ways you can boost your analytical expertise, improving your content marketing by margins.
1. Keep track habitually – Make it your top priority to check your analytics every single day. This includes checking your reports daily. Doing this ensures you are easily keeping track of what your audience is interested in, as these reports show all your top pages and numbers them into a top ten. Listing these pages allows you to see what number of traffic is leading where, and if you do this multiple times throughout the day, you can market accordingly to where your traffic is entering.
2. Understand your audience – One of the main, and best reasons, to invest in a data driven marketing strategy is to keep track of exactly who is interested in what. A well-thought marketing campaign can solidify your company or product and bring your audience closer to your brand. Using an analytical program can help you understand a number of things, such as how your audience reacts to your existing content, their favourite types of content, and their preferred method of receiving said content.
3. Aim towards non-targeted audience – This entry may seem odd, but you will understand exactly what I’m getting at if you’ve been reading thus far. We’ve stated that it’s important to understand the customer, but it is also important to understand those who aren’t interested in your product. By understanding those who aren’t interested in your product, you can tweak your campaigns to include them in your demographic, further increasing your traffic and customers.
4. Test outside of analytics – Despite this tip going against the article itself, it is still a useful and helpful method that even major companies use today. Statistics and facts can give an abundance of information on any subject, which is exactly where analytics programs come into play. But utilising other methods can be just as helpful. It can pay off to conduct surveys, or group testing towards an audience due to the fact that there can be more information put in by them. In turn, this can result in an emotional response, giving you more information than a simple analytical report could.
5. Link social engagements – Using social media can be an extremely helpful tool to use to your advantage. Facebook and Twitter are the two biggest social platforms in the industry, and if you use these to your best advantage, then your traffic will boost by massive margins. Linking the social engagements to your analytics program will allow you to keep track of all your social media posts, giving you traffic information for them as well. Using this tool to your leisure will allow you to see what is popular with your social media audience, giving you an even bigger opportunity to market to an entire different audience.